Hearing Aids Davenport Florida
If you’re looking for the most dependable and high-quality hearing aids in the Davenport, Florida area, you’ve come to the right place. Our team of professional audiologists at Beltone Hearing Aid Center has years of training and expertise in helping people improve their hearing.
If you suspect you may be suffering from hearing loss, it can be a daunting task to ask for help. However, you should know that you are definitely not alone. In fact, approximately 15% of adults in the United States have some degree of hearing loss. The good news is that nearly three-quarters of them could benefit from wearing hearing aids.
However, the risk lies in the fact that many people are unaware they have hearing loss. Many of them are simply too embarrassed to use hearing aids. The reality is that hearing loss grows worse over time. The sooner you seek treatment, the better your chances of giving your hearing the treatment it requires.
Common Signs That You May Need a Hearing Aid
- You’re often asking people to repeat themselves: There's nothing wrong with needing things repeated, but if you're constantly asking people to repeat themselves or speak louder, it's time to get a hearing test. You may be able to hear words if you have hearing loss, but they may be muffled or unclear.
- You’re always turning up the volume: One of the first signs of hearing trouble is turning up the volume on phones, televisions, stereos, and other electronics.
You should check your hearing if you consistently keep the volume in the upper third of its range or if friends and family notice how loud you keep things.
- There’s a constant ringing in your ears: Tinnitus is a condition that causes ringing in the ears. It can be tonal, like a ring or frequency, or more disruptive, like a static buzz or other disruptive sounds. Tinnitus occurs as a result of ear hearing damage caused by loud noises.
- Following conversations get problematic: Following conversations with many participants or in noisy social situations can be difficult for people with hearing impairment.
Hearing loss can result in both difficulty understanding and locating voices. If you avoid social situations because you have difficulty interpreting them, it is a sure sign that your hearing needs to be checked.
- You have difficulty understanding children’s voices: One of the first signs of typical hearing loss is the loss of the highest and lowest frequencies in our hearing range. As a result, hearing high-pitched voices, such as children's voices, can be difficult.
If you find yourself having difficulty understanding what your children are saying, this could be due to high-frequency hearing loss.
Hearing Aids in Davenport, Florida
If you are experiencing one or more of these symptoms, contact Beltone Hearing Aid Center to schedule a hearing test. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for a thorough examination of your hearing health.